Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Steelers are just better than the Bengals
(11-09-2018, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If it's me, I target Daryl Williams or Rob Havenstein (likely more expensive but even better) as my top priority FA and look to draft a mid-round OT to be a backup.

I also look for an off-ball LB in FA that would be in the $5-8 mill a year range. This LB needs to be fluid enough to handle coverage duties effectively.

Based on how FA goes, I then look to prioritize RG and/or TE in the first two days of the draft.

Generally speaking, this is the direction we need to see them head toward. It will take a combination of a committed participation in free agency plus a successful draft. And that might still be short of the goal of getting it done next off season. Had we seen this in recent years though, we might not be having such discussions. Why this team hangs on to 3rd and 4th year players (and coaches) while they produce next to nothing is beyond me. It has become less than satisfying to think/say that it's all on Mike Brown or Marvin, especially if it's 100% true. We're stymied as fans, I guess. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Steelers are just better than the Bengals - wildcats forever - 11-09-2018, 03:24 PM