Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Steelers are just better than the Bengals
(11-09-2018, 01:37 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Hart has been an improvement, but still isn't the long-term fix we need (something I think you recognize too). Once he is replaced, I don't even want him as a backup if at all possible. I'm not even sure Glenn is better than a good backup T, which may be overly harsh to say. But Hell, when the entire unit isn't as good as needed, everything is subject for improvement. Upgrades at backups across the board are needed imo, but that's probably being greedy. Then again, you usually won't get it unless you ask for it.  Ninja 

The LB group needs new leadership ala what Frank Pollack has done for the Oline. Give me a LB coach version of Pollack, and let him sort out personnel, and see where it all lands after that.  Whether that means Burfict or Brown remains is something I really don't care to invest time in tbh. What once was or could have been doesn't matter. We need production now. Give us modern day schemes with competent players who consistently execute what they're being coached, and move on to the next area of need.
This is so spot on! The position coaches on D are not very good, especially at LB. I know we can say Haslet hasn't had the talent, but these guys were studs in college and now it looks like they have never played LB before. Evans was a freak at OU, same with Vigil. 

I agree we need help on the o-line and that will take sometime, but I think our record would be way better if we had a competent defense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Steelers are just better than the Bengals - sandwedge - 11-09-2018, 03:24 PM