Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Steelers are just better than the Bengals
(11-09-2018, 12:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s a pretty low bar. I don’t think Tomlin is all that great. With the talent he’s had over the years he should have won more than 1 SB. Even with the Pats dominance during his tenure. I like his aggressiveness, but I don’t think he has much control over his locker room. I wonder what Belichick could have done with some of those teams...

I wonder what Belichick could've done with some of these Bengals teams...

(11-09-2018, 12:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s certainly a big part of it. Especially when you’re replacing a coach as inept as Jeff Fisher.

Unfortunately we’re probably not going to get the opportunity to see what this core (Andy, AJ, Geno, Los) could do under a better coach.

This genuinely makes me sad to think about. A lot of big questions will never get answered. At least with Palmer, we got to see him elsewhere...and he went to an NFC championship game.

(11-09-2018, 01:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They'll draft another QB high when Ben is actually going to retire.  The Steelers aren't known for turning late-round QBs into HOFers.  Bradshaw was the 1st overall pick, they took Ben at #11.  Getting a lot out of Rudolph is possible, but it would go against their history.

Anyways, the whole "just wait til' Ben retires" mindset is loser talk, but I can see why we have it.  It's a shame after the promise of our 2011 reboot that we technically had to wait a decade or so to actually have a chance at blah blah blah.  Who cares...even when we won the division some other team kicked our unworthy arses out of the playoffs.

Honestly, we've been better than the Steelers what...9 or 10 times in the past 50 years?  What else is new.

...and still have nothing to show for it...at least during the Marvin era.

(11-09-2018, 01:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The way things are now (and subject to change, of course) we play the Steelers in week 17 and then we play them in the WC round.  So we will be too beat up to beat them...then we will be back in the familiar position of praying the Patriots/Cheifs can prevent the Steelers from winning a 7th SB because lord knows WE can't stop them.

It's possible, but I don't see this as a sign Mike Brown has turned over a new leaf, rather I picture him dusting off his hands and saying "There...I did something after waiting for 2 years.  My job here is done, back to the status quo."  I just don't see Mike Brown building upon this accomplishment when the rest of his resume shows he loves to spend years resting on every plateau.

Exactly how I see it. He brought back Mervy and knew that would do the opposite of sell tickets, so he countered that by making other moves. Tickets still aren't selling even at 5-3...so I doubt we see more moves this offseason. Don't blame the fans for not buying in, blame Mikey for being dense/oblivious/apathetic towards fans and how much damage he's done to his relationship with them over the years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Steelers are just better than the Bengals - Shake n Blake - 11-09-2018, 03:55 PM