Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We don't need no stinking help.
(11-09-2018, 04:13 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I'm sorry that I come off as being ungrateful for all the exciting primetime and playoff victories we have had that the Mike and Marv show have produced for our entertainment over the years. But I am a selfish fan who won't truly be satisfied until they win a Super Bowl victory. There is a saying that all people rise thru a company til the reach their level of incompetence. Mike and Marv reached theirs a decade ago.

(11-09-2018, 04:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one is happy "just not to beat the Browns".

All I am saying is that it is ridiculous to call a team that wins more games and goes to the playoffs more often than most other teams in the league an "embarrassment".  

Maybe this will help prove my point.  If you think the Bengal are an embarrassment then tell me how many other teams in the NFL are also embarrassments.

(11-09-2018, 04:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No one ever said just because the Bengals have been better than the Browns that Marvin Lewis should stay as HC. You (for whatever reason) assumed that. I've been one for quite some time who thought/thinks Marvin Lewis has plateaued and someone else should be brought in to try to take the next step. But it's definitely unfair to consider the Bengals (and even Marvin Lewis) an "embarrassment" when, to me, the true embarrassments from the past 15 years have been the Browns, Bills, and Raiders.

Let's just call Marvin and the Bengals what they have been...good, not great. Definitely not the best, definitely not the worst. 

(11-09-2018, 06:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah I live in Steeler country. Not too many people around here were particularly impressed by the Bengals.  Some of them were pretty grateful they got to take in ol Marvin in the opening game.  Alas, their confidence was not their downfall.  Life is so unfair. 

Also I was at a Steelers Bengals game in Pittsburgh in 2013 and one guy there said "the Bengals will win the division but they won't do anything in the playoffs"  damn that prophet!

I think there are 2 undeniable facts that everyone should be able to agree on:

They have been good enough to make the playoffs 7 times in 15 years under Marvin.
They have not been good enough to win a single playoff game in 15 years under Marvin.

I mean it is what it is. Marvin and the Bengals have given us some pretty exciting regular seasons, and given us a lot of heartbreak in some of the biggest situations and on the largest stages. It definitely beats being at the bottom of the ladder, but it also stinks to never really get close to the top rung. Hopefully, they can figure out a way to get that elusive 1st playoff win under Marvin this season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 04:03 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 03:28 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 03:43 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 03:44 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 03:50 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 03:30 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 01:02 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - Bengalholic - 11-09-2018, 07:16 PM