Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chargers @ Bengals predictions
(09-15-2015, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Man, you have been here for months when there were not even any games going on.  Now you try to act like you don't care about the games?  How many movies have caused you to make thousands of posts on a message board?

This is high comedy.  People don't spend as much time on a message board as you do discussing something that is meaningless to you.

I agree that my emotional state is not controlled by the Bengals success, but that is COMPLETELY different from saying that I do not care who wins the games.

Personally I don't think going out to eat makes my time with my daughters any better than eating at home with them.  Maybe you should just learn that just because people have different values than you doesn't mean that they are odd.  

Bengals victories are worth more than money to me because they bring me more joy than almost anything else I could do with my money.  Now if we were talking about tens of thousands of dollars I might have a different opinion.  But to me a Bengals victory is more valuable because you can't buy a victory with money.

I don't think I ever said the games were meaningless to me, hence the fact that I've posted on this message board so much. BUT, another reason that I post so much is that I'm on a computer all day. I rarely post on here during the evenings and on weekends. This board interests me and has more interaction for me than my Facebook or other message boards, so here I am.

I don't think I ever said that I don't care who wins the games, I just value myself winning money MORE than I value the Bengals winning the games. That has been my point the entire time, but you and Kevin keep twisting it as if I'm saying that I don't care about the Bengals and that I don't care who wins or loses.

I've never said that I flat out don't care, I just care about money MUCH more than what happens to a random professional sports team. I find it strange that people feel differently, but I don't think I've bashed you for feeling that way. I do find it to be odd, I think it's normal to value money a lot in our lives. Everything fun (my families' hobbies/interests at least) costs money, I like doing things that I find fun, so I like money.

You can't buy a victory with money, and I'd be so on board with your mindset if I were on the team myself or was part of the organization where a victory directly impacted my life. Like I said, I do love the Bengals games because they give me around 3-4 hours of entertainment, but so does watching a Lord of the Rings movie, so meh, I don't see why people are acting as if the Bengals winning games is making such a difference to their life. Being 1 step closer to winning a $1,000+ fantasy league is more important to me than the Bengals winning against San Diego. I'll happily carry the banner of "shitty fan" for saying that if that's what it means.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chargers @ Bengals predictions - M.W. - 09-14-2015, 04:32 PM
RE: Chargers @ Bengals predictions - jj22 - 09-14-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: Chargers @ Bengals predictions - M.W. - 09-16-2015, 12:13 PM
RE: Chargers @ Bengals predictions - kevin - 09-14-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: Chargers @ Bengals predictions - kevin - 09-14-2015, 08:14 PM
RE: Chargers @ Bengals predictions - djs7685 - 09-15-2015, 02:10 PM
RE: Chargers @ Bengals predictions - kevin - 09-15-2015, 07:42 AM
RE: Chargers @ Bengals predictions - kevin - 09-15-2015, 12:09 PM
RE: Chargers @ Bengals predictions - YES - 09-15-2015, 05:35 PM
RE: Chargers @ Bengals predictions - kevin - 09-17-2015, 04:59 PM