Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do The Bengals Finally Do The Right Thing?
(11-11-2018, 06:16 PM)JumboTron Wrote: We know Marvin won't be fired at any point prior to the completion of the season.

But Teryl Austin has to be fired tonight, or tomorrow at the latest.  This is not "making a change just for sake of making a change" nonsense, this is something that must be done.  Have a serious meeting tonight about the particulars and announce the termination tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Continuing to employ a coach so blatantly incompetent at performing the duties he is assigned is an atrocity.

But again, this is the Cincinnati Bengals we are talking about.  But man, a change must be made, and tonight.

There is no quick fix band aid.  First they do have to let Marvin Lewis go.  A huge problem is who they can hire.  Bengals could never get a good head coach to come to Cincinnati under Mike Brown.  Mike Brown is still here.  THAT is going to be a problem. 

So they get rid of Lewis and somehow get a good Head Coach, not another Dave Shula type.  I now agree Austin needs gone.  I would hope they keep the O Line coach from Dallas, however the new Head Coach has to OK it.  It could be a new Head Coach wants all new coaches. 

A new Head Coach should mean he has say in his coaching staff. Again, we are dealing with Mike Brown.

So they get new Head Coach, a lot of players stink. Many players have to go. Burfict and Eifert have to go. They both sit out more games than they play in each year. They can't be counted on to suit up, and both have seen better days as players. Forget 5 years ago, we are talking rebuilding in 2019 and they don't fit any more. # 36 Williams has to go. He is one of the worst defensive backs ever, play after play. He just doesn't have NFL talent to keep up, that simple.

The linebackers can't pass cover. The Defensive backs are awful. The O Line still needs a lot of help as bad as it was last year. TE is now a weak area.

The Bengals will not be able to answer all the problems in the 2019 draft. They must let a new Head Coach bring in Free Agents. Maybe even trade draft picks for proven NFL players the new coach wants.

It's easy to say we need a new Head Coach. Lets face it, we pretty much need a new team. There are a few players a new Head Coach would want to keep, but not many. Many of these slugs need fired and pounding the pavement. Our needs are so many. I can see keeping Dalton to Green at first. Mixon, Boyd, Price. Atkins, Dunlap. Huber. I said at first they may want to keep them. A new head coach is going to have to deal with the lack of good linebackers, defensive backs, O Line. Tight End. After that, he may want to draft QB in 2020. A new head coach means Big Changes.

There is no quick fix band aid for Bengals. They won 6 games in 2016, 7 games in 2017. They may win 7 or 8 games in 2018. They are NOT a good team, far from it. They do OK against weak teams. Good teams lay them low including Steelers.

The Colts brought in Tony Dungy from Tampa. The Chiefs brought in Andy Reid from Eagles. I don't see Mike Brown doing anything like that. Mike Brown and Family still want total control, and good Head Coaches always refused to even consider the Brown Family situation. Still, that is no reason to keep Marvin Lewis at this point. His time is up.

If the Bengals hire from within, then it won't be Austin, so then Lazor as Head Coach. If they hire from within. I do NOT want Hue Jackson back, Browns proving he also stinks.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do The Bengals Finally Do The Right Thing? - kevin - 11-12-2018, 09:24 AM