Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF you were going to rebuild...what would your plan be?
(11-12-2018, 11:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm not totally convinced we need a rebuild, but I'd:

1 ) Hire a young, offensive mind like LaFleur. I'd let him hire his assistants.
2 ) I'd increase our scouting and analytics department. We'd likely need to actually create an analytics department.
3 ) I'd draft a QB early in this years draft and let him sit behind Dalton for a year or 2.
    3A ) I'd explore trading Dalton.
4 ) I'd trade AJ Green for draft picks. He's over 30 years old and probably only has 2 years or so left as an elite WR. IF I could get a 1st and 4th for him I'd take it. Maybe to the Patriots? I'd love to see him win a Super Bowl.
5 ) I'd build a strong offensive line. I'd use high draft picks there. We need 2 new Tackles and a Guard.
6 ) I'd build initially around Mixon to take pressure off of the QB.
7 ) On defense, get some LB's that can pass cover. Build an aggressive scheme.
8 ) IF teams would trade for guys like Burfict and Kirkpatrick...I'd do it.
    8A ) If I couldn't trade Burfict, I'd waive him. He's hurt a lot. Suspended a lot. And he doesn't look good in games. You can't build a defense around a guy that's always suspended. Time to close the chapter on that book.
9 ) Free agency - I'd use it! Sign a couple young, quality free agents and the rebuild could accelerate.

Sadly, I'm scared that this is where we are at. A CLOSED window that we want to believe is still open. Now sure, you can turn things around in a hurry, but for our organization that would honestly mean having a draft made of pure gold, cause we'd have to fix some serious issues.

I agree with an offensive mind to start. This is where the league is going nowadays. Even the best defenses will probably get scorched by the likes of Rams, Chiefs, etc. Have to build for the modern day NFL. 

But yes, LBs and O-line for sure. I'm not even sure which one I emphasize more.. probably still leaning a bit more towards O-line though. Have to get young and be a wall for the QB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF you were going to rebuild...what would your plan be? - thillan - 11-12-2018, 12:42 PM