Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF you were going to rebuild...what would your plan be?
(11-12-2018, 11:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm not totally convinced we need a rebuild, but I'd:

1 ) Hire a young, offensive mind like LaFleur. I'd let him hire his assistants.
2 ) I'd increase our scouting and analytics department. We'd likely need to actually create an analytics department.
3 ) I'd draft a QB early in this years draft and let him sit behind Dalton for a year or 2.
    3A ) I'd explore trading Dalton.
4 ) I'd trade AJ Green for draft picks. He's over 30 years old and probably only has 2 years or so left as an elite WR. IF I could get a 1st and 4th for him I'd take it. Maybe to the Patriots? I'd love to see him win a Super Bowl.
5 ) I'd build a strong offensive line. I'd use high draft picks there. We need 2 new Tackles and a Guard.
6 ) I'd build initially around Mixon to take pressure off of the QB.
7 ) On defense, get some LB's that can pass cover. Build an aggressive scheme.
8 ) IF teams would trade for guys like Burfict and Kirkpatrick...I'd do it.
    8A ) If I couldn't trade Burfict, I'd waive him. He's hurt a lot. Suspended a lot. And he doesn't look good in games. You can't build a defense around a guy that's always suspended. Time to close the chapter on that book.
9 ) Free agency - I'd use it! Sign a couple young, quality free agents and the rebuild could accelerate.

1.)Years ago, we went with the coordinator with buzz (Marvin) over the proven winner as a HC(Coughlin).  I really think we need a proven winner here to enact the needed culture change.  We need someone who knows what it takes to win a SB.  I'd go hard after John Harbaugh, because he won a SB with a mediocre QB and he can beat the Steelers.  I'd also consider backing up the Brink's truck to lure Gary Kubiak out of retirement.

2.) Definitely.

3.)I would go QB if there was one I was sold on and I didn't have to mortgage the future to get him.  I would try to prioritize the OL, TE, and LB this year to solidify the team, then go balls out for one the following year if Andy can't get it done with the new HC.  I wouldn't deal Andy until I had the heir apparent and knew what I had.

4.)Trading AJ is just creating more holes.  As bad as the young WR'S have looked, no way I trade AJ and try to move forward with a young QB.  We also have one of the youngest rosters in the league.  We need to add quality pieces, not sacrifice them.

5.)This should be a good T class, so I'd ideally spend our 1st and a mid rounder there this year and kick Glenn to RT.  I'd get a quality RG in FA.

6.)Mixon needs more touches, for sure.

7.)I would honestly consider trading back into the 1st for a cover LB that can be the leader of this defense.

8.)With you 100% on Burfict.  I don't think anyone will give a high enough pick to replace Dre.  I would ride with him next year and cut bait the following year.

9.)I would target a starting RG, pass catching TE, and S in FA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF you were going to rebuild...what would your plan be? - Whatever - 11-12-2018, 01:38 PM