Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-speed police chases have killed thousands of innocent bystanders
(09-15-2015, 02:54 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Grenades..... yeah.....grenades.
:jk:

What ever happened with the EMP device that was tethered to the pursuit vehicle and shot out to go under the perpetrator's vehicle ?
I'm sure road conditions would have to be perfect for it to work, but I hadn't heard anything on it for a while.

I have never heard of this one, my guess is it never made it to production, only a hype article trying to gain interest. One of the issues here in my eyes is the same with the previously mentioned GPS system, you have to engage in the chase to get close enough to deploy. The other issue here is anytime you tether something to a vehicle it become a dangerous object that can cause collateral damage (think ball and chain).

Many companies have tried the EMP route no one has succeeded and in my opinion EMP is going to have a hard time getting approved for use in the United States. The problem with EMP blasts even in small chunks is they can take out other systems like power steering, air bags, and even some of the new drive by wire cars that things such as breaking cold be effected. One of the biggest issues with developing technology for the LE industry is exposing the department to liability. Departments are now more worried about getting sued then stopping bad guys.

Messages In This Thread
RE: High-speed police chases have killed thousands of innocent bystanders - Au165 - 09-15-2015, 03:19 PM