Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF you were going to rebuild...what would your plan be?
(11-12-2018, 11:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm not totally convinced we need a rebuild, but I'd:

1 ) Hire a young, offensive mind like LaFleur. I'd let him hire his assistants.
2 ) I'd increase our scouting and analytics department. We'd likely need to actually create an analytics department.
3 ) I'd draft a QB early in this years draft and let him sit behind Dalton for a year or 2.
    3A ) I'd explore trading Dalton.
4 ) I'd trade AJ Green for draft picks. He's over 30 years old and probably only has 2 years or so left as an elite WR. IF I could get a 1st and 4th for him I'd take it. Maybe to the Patriots? I'd love to see him win a Super Bowl.
5 ) I'd build a strong offensive line. I'd use high draft picks there. We need 2 new Tackles and a Guard.
6 ) I'd build initially around Mixon to take pressure off of the QB.
7 ) On defense, get some LB's that can pass cover. Build an aggressive scheme.
8 ) IF teams would trade for guys like Burfict and Kirkpatrick...I'd do it.
    8A ) If I couldn't trade Burfict, I'd waive him. He's hurt a lot. Suspended a lot. And he doesn't look good in games. You can't build a defense around a guy that's always suspended. Time to close the chapter on that book.
9 ) Free agency - I'd use it! Sign a couple young, quality free agents and the rebuild could accelerate.

10) have a new guy owner come in and offer Brown a deal he can't refuse...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF you were going to rebuild...what would your plan be? - higgy100 - 11-12-2018, 03:06 PM