Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defensive Scheme going forward...
(11-12-2018, 03:34 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I thought he ran a hybrid. That's where Peter Boulware fit in and why he always seemed to be looking for another player like that. He was like a hybrid LB/DE who could play both. I thought the Ravens were going more the 3-4 direction when Marv came here, but a reliable poster said he was straight 4-3. I just dont remember that always being the case. I may have been drunk or spent too much time in Meigs county tho lol....that was pretty far back in the day at this point.

I think it was a 4-3 from what I recall. It was a different game back then. The smaller 3 technique DT’s like Geno and Arron Donald weren’t even a thing yet. Lewis had two staring DT’s in Sam Adams And Tony Sirgusa who were both 350 pounds. Those guys would never last today. The rules were drassticlly diffent in terms of how you could defend receivers. Back then every team had a full back and blocking tight ends. Today’s game is all about spreading guys out and getting more speed on the field.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defensive Scheme going forward... - lone bengal - 11-12-2018, 03:53 PM