Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need 2 new Tackles and a Guard
(11-12-2018, 07:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's the thing.  People keep suggesting to move Glenn to RT, like he's somehow going to be better on that side?  False.  He's not a drive blocker, he's a reactionary pass blocker, who's enormous girth has caused him to lose a whole step of that reaction time.  Best thing that the Bengals can do, is keep him around to be the swing Tackle.

What they really need is to go ahead and make whatever moves necessary to be in position to draft whomever they feel is the best LT prospect in the draft.  Bobby Hart sucks as bad as the Giants' fans had advertised, good thing he's a low-budget player.  The Bengals would be smart to be more competitive in free agency, and pick up a solid, established run blocking RT, and sign him to a 3-5 year deal.  I also agree with the OP that it's time to look at drafting an upper tier Guard.  Clint Boling is good, and is moderately priced, but he's starting to reach the point in his career where he's going to miss some time to injuries from accumulated time in the trenches.

So there's my take.  One brand new Tackle, one new-used Tackle, and one brand new Guard.  Let Coach Pollack go after the guys with the traits that he's looking for, and rebuild the OL.

Oh preach it my brother! I'm not sure I'd know how to act if this happened. Even though we've got several other needs to address, this is what I'd do first. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We need 2 new Tackles - McC - 11-12-2018, 06:19 PM
RE: We need 2 new Tackles and a Guard - wildcats forever - 11-12-2018, 07:41 PM