Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF you were going to rebuild...what would your plan be?
(11-13-2018, 01:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: It seems very odd that you seem reticent to make a QB change based on the fact that Dalton is a proven commodity and drafting one is a crapshoot, but want to argue for taking a gamble on a coordinator with no HC experience over a proven one.

In either case, the only coaches to win multiple SB's in that span both had previous experience.  Your odds of winning one SB are better, and your odds of winning multiple SB's is infinitely better.  I'm sure if we go back and research it, we'll also find a lot more coordinators being hired and failing than proven HC's being hired and failing.

The problem is that every "proven" head coach has "proven" that he is bad enough to get fired.  I'd love to have a former head coach who always won, but those guys are not looking for jobs.

If I were to actually start looking at who is available as a head coach I might come across a former head coach I would favor over a coordinator, but it all depends on why he lost his former job.

I am well aware that just being a good coordinator does not mean a guy will be a good head coach.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF you were going to rebuild...what would your plan be? - fredtoast - 11-13-2018, 02:22 PM