Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin told the players to “be careful what they wished for”
(11-14-2018, 11:46 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: I think some of the defensive players quit on Austin after the Pittsburgh loss when he left the middle of the field wide open and Antonio Brown torched them for a touchdown.  Remember Vontaze coming off the field yelling about "never practicing" a defensive look like that?  Next week against Kansas City their tackling was absolute trash and the entire defense has also been trash since then.  Hopefully this will get them playing again, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I just don't think the defensive players bought into Austin's system.  One of the issues with promoting coordinators from within is that players can get set in their ways.  Most of the vets have only played in Zimmer's scheme, since Paulie G was a Zimmer disciple.  I know Lazor gave Dalton a ton of credit this off-season for embracing the new system he was installing and getting the other offensive players on the same page with it.  I don't think anyone did that with Austin's scheme.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin told the players to “be careful what they wished for” - Whatever - 11-14-2018, 01:40 PM