Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF you were going to rebuild...what would your plan be?
(11-12-2018, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Hire that coach who has won a lot but never lost enough to get fired.

2.  Hire an OC who is young and aggressive with the pass game but who also sticks with the run.

3.  Hire the DC who is aggressive and blitzes, but also does not give up any big plays.

4.  Then I trade away our proven QB and take one of those guys in the first round that is a can't-miss sure-thing, not a first round bust like Rex Grossman, Kyle Boller, J.P. Losman, Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Matt Leinert, Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell, Josh Freeman, Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Branden Weeden, Robert Griffen, E. J. Manuel, Teddy Bridegwater, Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles, or Paxton Lynch.
Or maybe spot the mid round QB like Montana or Brady? By the way.. that list of Bust QB's missed Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith.   David klingler also was a bit of a dud.

I remember the Niners floundering.... trading picks for has beens. Then? New Owner brings in Bill Walsh.   That went well.

Our 3 "starting" LB's ain't bad... but  we seldom had all 3.  We really have not got the O-line right but....made progress.   I THOUGHT we'd try to salvage Fisher and Ced Og, but...........under the bus.   Bill Walsh would have made those guys WINNERS.   Bengals don't SEE "talent".
I was STUNNED when Bengals left Jerry Rice on the board and took Eddie Brown. Brown was GOOD..............Rice was THE FRIGGIN BEST. 
Walsh...... could SHAPE a guy with some raw tools into a STUD.

our O-Line has NOT been as bad as last year, but Andy has  had to work fast.  Glenn?    At almost 350 he's BIG and not quick. More built for RT , but even so, has been okay at LT.   Face it........were not a lot of ideal options.

I  guess we COULD deal away guys but........I do NOT see teams paying for even pretty soliid veterans.  USED to be, a Big Name...you get several juicy picks.  Now? Maybe a rd 6.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF you were going to rebuild...what would your plan be? - redwood - 11-14-2018, 05:04 PM