Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I finally bought a life insurance policy
Cremation is far cheaper. My dad's wife cost $700 to burn and grind up vs a few thousand for the cheapest box in the ground in the cheapest graveyard.. Then again she was cremated at a black funeral home just because she was a raging bigot..  She'll never know and frankly deserved it anyway. I went out of my way to make a nice wooden urn just to make my dad happy. Little does my dad know his cremains will be split between her urn and my mother's grave site.. All my siblings are in agreement his worthless cremains should be with mom..
Interesting they call your ashes cremains which sounds eerily a lot like a breakfast cereal.  Try a delicious bowl of cremains for a hearty fat free breakfast!  

As for insurance I went with Assurance through Lumico life insurance company.. Cost $32 a month for $5000 whole life..around $2150 per kid which is better than zero and having to come up with body disposal cash during a family crisis ... I suppose my death would qualify under family crisis rules, at least I would hope so anyway..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I finally bought a life insurance policy - grampahol - 11-15-2018, 08:10 PM