Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin had the defense practicing tackling
(11-16-2018, 01:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is about nothing more than sending a message.  I like it.  No matter what happens Sunday, Marvin is trying to light a fire under these guys' asses.  Back to the basics shouldn't be something you have to do at this point in any season, but they were not very good at that.  I think he will simplify things, and have them just go out there and play without thinking.  The talent available may not show the changes immediately, but you gotta start somewhere.

Although I make fun, I totally agree. When a coach in the NFL takes a defense and says, "You guys forgot what got you here" and makes them go back to basic drills, how could that not send a msg. We can say the tackling has been atrocious and any good leader would do the same thing. Not saying ML is a good leader, but damn, even he knows this is the only way to fix it. I love this move by ML. Let's just hope he spent more that 15 minutes on sending the msg and made them focus on it all week.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin had the defense practicing tackling - HarleyDog - 11-16-2018, 08:33 PM