Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you need to see?
(11-17-2018, 12:38 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Stop!

Yes the Steelers get a lot of lucky breaks to go their way, but they are also subjected to a lot of bad officiating going against them.

There is some evidence to suggest that the NFL is rigged and that certain storylines and narratives are spun up, however unless some big information is revealed it is all just conspiracy theory.  The shear amount of turnover in the league makes it extremely difficult for this to be true though.

Fact of the matter is, the Steelers do get away with holding, but if you look closely, we do too.  Does the NFL need to do a better job of being consistent?  Yes.  It irritates me to no end to see a game decided by a bad call or no call when the game is on the line, or in the case of the Falcons vs NE Superbowl, the officials confidently calling Edelman's miracle catch a catch, when everyone knows there is no way a person could tell without replay.  That call made the Falcons call the challenge, which replay confirmed was a catch, but the Falcons lost a critical TO that could have changed the course of the game.  Knowing that it was impossible to tell if that ball hit the ground or not during live play, the ruling should have been INC, have the Patriots challenge (if they wanted to) and reverse the call on the field.  If the Patriots don't throw the challenge flag then that is on them, but no one would be suspicious of the officials if they ruled it INC instead of Comp.

I could name countless more, I can even point to "generous" spots by the officials that give teams 1st downs (ahem Saints, he bobbled it before he caught it, and was short), or prevent teams from getting 1st downs when it looks clear that the gain was made.  Consistency is hard to do, but the NFL needs to fix these inconsistencies or they will continue to lose fans.

I hear what your saying... But bringing up a poor spot if the football in that Saints game is silly. They effortlessly moved the ball that day... There wasn't a doubt in my mind they were gonna score with 8 seconds left in the first half.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What would you need to see? - YsCascadia - 11-16-2018, 10:55 PM
RE: What would you need to see? - jason - 11-17-2018, 12:43 PM
RE: What would you need to see? - McC - 11-17-2018, 03:48 PM
RE: What would you need to see? - Benton - 11-17-2018, 01:07 AM
RE: What would you need to see? - thillan - 11-17-2018, 01:16 AM
RE: What would you need to see? - kevin - 11-17-2018, 11:37 AM
RE: What would you need to see? - Goalpost - 11-17-2018, 12:02 PM
RE: What would you need to see? - McC - 11-17-2018, 03:51 PM