Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict opens up about Marvin being the defensive coordinator
The appointment of Austin was a dismal failure to be sure and the timing of his firing can be speculated about forever, but I do think Marvin made his name for himself as a defensive coordinator. Can he turn the tide and bring this team up to its potential ? Only time will tell,  but I don't really expect miracles in one week with so many injuries. If he can turn the entire defense into an overnight juggernaught he'll have earned every dime the Brown family could possibly cough up. In realistic terms Marvin definitely has his work cut out for himself. I'm expecting modest improvement, but I'm not expecting them to suddenly become the greatest defense in the league in a week. We really need to remain at least realistic about our expectations without labeling Marvin a complete bust if this team still struggles with the level of injuries they've sustained thus far and there may be more injuries that can only make it even more difficult. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict opens up about Marvin being the defensive coordinator - grampahol - 11-18-2018, 03:01 AM