Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are good bullpen names in Free Agent List
Reds General Manager said Reds want starters via Free Agency or Trades. They should also be wanting a better bullpen. So I'll give a date when things might start to happen on Reds. DECEMBER 13th. By that date you have a lot of players not offered contracts. You have the Executive Meeting. You have the Rule 5 where teams can pick up other teams minor league players but they have to keep them on their 25 man roster. I look for Reds to make trades and player moves quick and fast around December 13th into Holidays. The Reds will want to do this in December to have players to take to camp early in February.

So look for Reds to make Trades, Pick up Free Agents, Maybe even grab into the Rule 5 pool. Being a last place team, they need to make moves. Reds already made moves bringing in new Manager, Pitching Coach, Hitting Coach. Now they need some new Players. New Coaches alone will not get Reds out of Last Place.

Again, I would be willing to make trades. At Executive Meeting I would offer Votto and Bailey in a package deal. Whoever wants Votto takes Bailey, but they have to pick up their contracts. What Reds get in return would be not that important to me. The main thing is dumping half the payroll. Then use that payroll on pitching and a less expensive but productive first baseman. I'm not saying Reds General Manager does this, I'm just saying I would even trade Votto if I thought it would get Reds out of last place.

The Reds General Manger promises player moves by trades and free agency. DECEMBER 13th, things should start popping on the old Hot Stove of Reds Winter player moves. There is already a long list of Free Agents at every position. November 30th is last day for teams to tender a contract and it will throw many more good players into the open market. December 13 is the Rule 5 throwing even more talent on open market. Reds could steal a player from another team provided they put him on 25 man roster. The best player they can steal to be the last player on team sounds good to a last place team. We could even see Reds make moves November 30th. Certainly the Executive Meeting around December 13th. Reds promise player moves, so it's just when and who now.

I'm hoping from Manager on down, that it's a whole new Reds team in 2019. I would be excited to watch the Reds again.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: There are good bullpen names in Free Agent List - kevin - 11-18-2018, 03:54 AM