Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Lance McAllisters valid questions
(09-15-2015, 09:46 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Well stated!
It is the frustration that comes with that French word that means "has not done shit yet" - potential. 

If you have playoff win potential and do not win in the playoffs...the season in total is a failure regardless of your regular season record. Case in point...would you rather get into the playoffs with and 8-8 record and (we will use just our current benchmark) win a playoff game or go 14-2 and not get a playoff win?

It seems to me to be an easy answer but I think there are many who would take the better regular season record. I think those people have low competitive drive but hey to each their own. 

To me, it's all about progress. If we went 3-13 last year, I'd be satisfied with 7-9 this year. If we went 7-9, I'd be satisfied with reaching the playoffs. If we make the playoffs and lose, I want to see them reach again and win this time.

I can be one of the more optimistic guys on here (I predicted we'd hang 27 on the Raiders when many were predicting 13-14 points), but I realize that this team has been historically bad in postseason and I get why many are frustrated.

If it doesn't bother you at all, more power to ya, but don't act as if people who express frustration are being ridiculous. The reasons for frustration are perfectly understandable.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lance McAllisters valid questions - Shake n Blake - 09-15-2015, 10:00 PM