Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Lance McAllisters valid questions
(09-15-2015, 10:02 PM)Penn Wrote: http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-LOL-ALL-THE-EDIT ???

I've lived multiple years in all 3 markets too.  Never saw anything like the relevant claim in KC during the time of Schottenheimer, Montana, Thomas and Smith and only minimal amounts in Pittsburgh last 2 SB's til just before Noll's depature.  Granted, other than this board I didn't see much of it in Cincy either.

Here in GA though, homers all the way.  Limited experience in Indy but it seems the same.

Shall I go into other markets I'm familiar with?

KC made it to the AFC championship with Montana. The Steelers won 4 Super Bowls under Noll. These levels of success tend to quell fan bases.

Can you describe any other markets that dealt with a 25 year playoff-win drought with 12 years of complete ineptitude built into that?

I can come close. Up here in Michigan, the Lions are mostly an afterthought. They come in a distant 3rd in interest, behind the Spartans, Wolverines and Tigers. Lions fans do have negative feelings about their team, but they don't gripe about it much. They just have a "Lions will be the Lions" attitude about it. Very dismissive. Is that a better attitude to have?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lance McAllisters valid questions - Shake n Blake - 09-15-2015, 10:16 PM