Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Lance McAllisters valid questions
(09-15-2015, 10:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I can come close. Up here in Michigan, the Lions are mostly an afterthought. They come in a distant 3rd in interest, behind the Spartans, Wolverines and Tigers. Lions fans do have negative feelings about their team, but they don't gripe about it much. They just have a "Lions will be the Lions" attitude about it.

As a 30-year Lions fan (yes, I "respect" two teams), I agree with this. Lions fans are just resolved to the failure. I was talking to a Lions fan at work today, re-hashing that mess Sunday when they took a 21-3 lead in SD and then let the Chargers drop 30 unanswered on them. He just shrugged his shoulders and said he knew the lead was too good to be true and they'd manage to somehow blow it. He wasn't angry or even disappointed, really, he just seemed resigned to the inevitability of it all.

I don't see that in this fanbase, and I'd rather see Lance getting insane tweets or fans bitching about a pre-season loss than just the sad apathy that can infect a fan base.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lance McAllisters valid questions - Awful Llama - 09-15-2015, 10:26 PM