Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observation from Bengals vs. Ravens game
(11-18-2018, 07:16 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: 1. O-line has a few contracts that expire this year as well.  So we need both starters and back-ups, or extend and find starters... it will probably not be fixed in 2019.
4. Everyone is getting old and we usually have to draft every position. How much longer do you think he actually plays for? He is 31 years old, so maybe 2, 4, 6 years more... And remember we bench rookies 1-2 years before they play.
5. I liked the stability in the beginning. I think our HC gets blamed more than he should, because the team just does not understand players.  They hold onto aged ones too long. They seem to really pick some duds.  And they don't utilize FA when they needed too.
6. A new owner, or just someone who goes in the opposite direction while controlling the team on a lot of things.

You know, on 6 I've had the same thoughts. We have an extremely small scouting and player personnel department. So does that mean we need that much less scouts because we're that much smarter?

Our past 5-6 drafts have been very underwhelming. Our reputation as a good drafting team is from about 7-8 years ago.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Observation from Bengals vs. Ravens game - THE PISTONS - 11-18-2018, 07:35 PM