Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do we worry about minorities in this country?
I mean if the majority want something shouldn't it just be that way?

I pose that question due to a comment (I know, never read the comment sections) in this story. The story, btw, is awful.

Quote:NC legislator posts image calling Obama ‘Islamic son of a *****’

Outspoken Republican state Rep. Michael Speciale of New Bern took to Facebook this month to share an obscenity-filled comment about President Barack Obama.

“Look you Islamic son of a *****” begins the quote Speciale shared on his public Facebook page Sept. 5. “Unless you give all your land back to the native Indians, don’t pretend to lecture Israeli’s (sic) about our borders when you can’t control your own.”

The quote isn’t from Speciale himself. He posted an image of Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Facebook that featured the comment. The image appeared on a page called “1 MILLION People to DEFEAT Barack Obama.” It’s unclear where the quote originated.

“Are you going to do something about (Islamic State terrorists),” the comment concludes, “or should Israel show you how it’s done because you are too much of a coward and the most piss poor excuse for an American president in your Great Nation’s history.”

After the post garnered media attention Monday, Speciale added a comment with the image responding to criticism:

“I find it interesting how many liberals pretend that they are offended by this post, yet they have no problem with Obama destroying the very fabric of this nation. These same folks didn’t appear fazed when some of the most vitriolic garbage was being spewed by their fellow liberals at President Bush!
It must also be a slow news day at WNCT and The News and Observer, since they think this is a story today. Obama will end up as the worst president in history, and it will be a result of his performance, and none of my Facebook posts can be blamed!”

The post isn’t the first time Speciale has raised eyebrows with Facebook commentary. In July, he blasted Gov. Pat McCrory, whose criticism of the legislature Speciale said was “sophomoric and borne of ignorance and a lack of knowledge.”

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/under-the-dome/article35211846.html#storylink=cpy

Now, ignoring everything that is wrong in that picture (Obama being Islamic, Israel doing anything about ISIS) and the fact that an elected officials believes this is good for the country to share it and to defend it, we have this wonderful comment which read along the lines that since Obama's approval rating is 20% (true?) more people agree with Speciale than disagree so why is everyone complaining. (Now I can't find which site had the comment...sorry).

So should we care?

I mean if 80% of people polled think the President is Islamic why even argue...right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Why do we worry about minorities in this country? - GMDino - 09-16-2015, 07:52 AM