Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Lance McAllisters valid questions
- I have no problems with Lance's article. It doesn't represent how I feel about the team but, then again, he has to hear some pretty idiotic callers and get some asinine emails that probably get under his skin.

- Anyone heavily criticizing this FO over the past few years hasn't been paying attention or is predisposed to being negative towards Mike Brown/the FO. Mike Brown has not actively hurt the Bengals from the FO since Carson left. They are now a first class organization. Lance has some really valid points concerning this in his article. I have never been more proud to be a Bengals fan than I am right now. And it is a feeling that keeps building. The future is bright with the way this teams runs things.

- Yes, Andy Dalton killed a great team with his playoff performance in 2013. No, that doesn't mean his 2015 season will be exactly the same. To harp on that at this point in the new season and after he played a great game is not making much sense. I still worry that he's inconsistent, but how else is he going to show consistency other than to go play? He's the guy for now... off-season's over, let's root for the entire team to succeed and that includes AD..... Unless he gets hurt because I am sooooo team McCarron.

- I COMPLETELY disagree with Lance's "Reds fan" mindset on just being happy with a winning team and not being critical or demanding more.

Lance is a Reds shill who continues to homer and stump for that organization ad nauseam. If they were a .500 club he considers that an awesome season and would staunchly be on a soap box for them - chastising people for not buying tickets. THAT'S where his head at and his happiness as a fan (and, really - the Reds paid propagandist) resides. He still gets a hard on for the Big Red Machine, Barry Larkin, and the 1991 Nasty Boys. If even someone like Pokey Reese called his show Lance would stop the presses and give him the floor for the duration. He would be like Vader greeting the Emperor when he landed on the DeathStar in Return of the Jedi. LOOK, the scene is even in Reds colors.......

[Image: kneel1.jpg]

As a hard core Reds/MLB fan, he has latched on to and learned to appreciate things differently than a NFL fan does. That doesn't have to mean he can't have good points, ideas, or takes on stuff. He often does.

- This core group of players has had 5 off-seasons (some more) to put it together. I would say that's (roughly) the MLB equivalent of a decade when you look at when guys are drafted into the minor league system and are expected to come up and be productive enough to put together a consistent winner/World Series challenger. It is time for this Bengals team to perform to the highest level - not just to win a playoff game, but the whole thing. Anything less is a failure. This is the NFL, not MLB where the Reds are still trying to figure out how the Cardinals do it. The Reds and their fans are just happy to ride the lead dog's coat tails into a playoff series just to watch them get FREAKING NO HIT and out in the first round.

Lance is a Reds fan first, second, and third. He covers the Bengals because he has to and really couldn't give a rip. His mentality is different because of his personal affection for baseball and his understanding of how that sport works. If the Reds were .500 this year he would be Mr. positive and all thumbs up. That doesn't fly with NFL fans because the NFL is structured different and the expectation to turn it around quickly and contend is legitimate one.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lance McAllisters valid questions - PDub80 - 09-16-2015, 09:25 AM