Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Lance McAllisters valid questions
(09-15-2015, 10:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: To me, it's all about progress. If we went 3-13 last year, I'd be satisfied with 7-9 this year. If we went 7-9, I'd be satisfied with reaching the playoffs. If we make the playoffs and lose, I want to see them reach again and win this time.

I can be one of the more optimistic guys on here (I predicted we'd hang 27 on the Raiders when many were predicting 13-14 points), but I realize that this team has been historically bad in postseason and I get why many are frustrated.

If it doesn't bother you at all, more power to ya, but don't act as if people who express frustration are being ridiculous. The reasons for frustration are perfectly understandable.

Everyone has the right to their opinion. The Bengal's playoff losses are frustrating, but the AD and AJ era we have 4 playoff losses. We were underdogs and on the road in 3 of them and favored at home in one of them. I can separate the 4 losses and not lump them into one, others can't.

I think it comes down to respect. I feel our team has earned respect by doing something few others can do, get to the playoffs 4 years in a row. They got there in 2011 coming off a 4-12 season with a rookie QB and rookie #1 WR so they most likely over achieved. The same for 2012, most experts predicted they were not talented enough to make it back to the playoffs.

Would fans be happier if we had missed the playoffs in 2011 and 2012?

I have no issue with nay frustration, but this group of players, coaches and the FO has earned my respect. Thus, I treat them with respect and choose not to trash them daily or project their demise in training camp.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lance McAllisters valid questions - Luvnit2 - 09-16-2015, 09:33 AM