Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Lance McAllisters valid questions
(09-15-2015, 09:09 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Just saying that like our fan base, there are many, many different kinds of Steelers fans. It reminds me of our fans and most other teams too.

My one buddy thinks that every player on their practice squad and 3rd string is a "beast" just because he knows their name.

I see a lot of people around here overreact to every Ben incompletion on Sundays. You'd laugh if I named QBs that have had outcries to be starting over Ben by way too many people.

There are the guys that think they're personally the most badass human being alive because they root for a certain football team. Those are the Steelers fans that make me laugh more than anyone else. Also this falls in line with the fans that think they're so cool because they root for a team that won championships before they were even alive.

There are some guys that are really reasonable too about the Steelers and other teams around the league.

It's like any fan base really. There are some idiots, some really great people, and a lot in between.

I've seen this with fans as well. They personify the team they root for and adopt the team's identity (usually as tough, succesful and always wins) as their own. Nothing like a fat 350 pound lard ass who has never played a sport in their life to talk trash and act as if he himself beat you in a game. It is hilarious. I have seen this in many Steeler fans as well but most of these haven't stepped foot in Pittsburgh. I was born and raised in New Jersey and knew a bunch of Steeler fans. All pretty cool people actually, but, I've met many who resemble the person I mentioned earlier. They too though never have been to Pittsburgh (while ironically, I went to school near there).

These fans are the ones that say "We kicked your ass", or "We did this" etc. Who the hell is we? I get that it's easier to say "we" instead of "the Bengals", "the Steelers" etc., but, I firmly believe they feel just as responsible for their teams success as the team itself is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lance McAllisters valid questions - BengalFanInNJ - 09-16-2015, 11:08 AM