Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Republican female/minority candidates
Republicans have Trump. 30% vote for him because he has ® on his ballot.

Democrats double down and again have someone that nobody is crossing party lines for (and won't mobilize the African-American vote in large numbers), like Warren. 30% vote for her because she has (D) on her ballot.

Kasich runs as an Independent, pulls some of the moderate Republican vote, some of the independent vote, and a little bit of the Democrat vote that isn't anywhere enough to win, but not well enough to win.

Sanders runs as an Independent, pulls a bunch of college kids who don't know anything about life yet (but have that shit easily figured out if you ask them as they sit in their safe spaces and a coloring book) and the aging hippie generation, but also not well enough to win.

- - - - - - - -

The results end up something like...

Trump: 39% (but wins the electoral vote)
Warren: 40%
Sanders: 12%
Kasich: 8%
Libertarians/Green Party: 1%

And the US, having never experienced an election where 4 people drew meaningful amounts of votes collectively lose their shit over the fact that when you figure only ~55% of the country that can vote, do so... having 39% of the popular vote would mean only like 21.45% of the people able to vote, voted for him. Hipsters erupt in riots across the country proclaiming "Nazis, and stuff, man. This is basically like totally a literal dictatorship, bro. I cried and wrote a scathing tweet."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(11-19-2018, 06:46 PM)Benton Wrote: The party isn't going to get behind a woman, and it doesn't have any minority candidates remotely close to Trump's popularity. All GOP members aren't white males, but they primarily vote for white males over anything else. If that's your strength, play to it.

Yeah, I believe roughly 30% of the Hispanic vote are Republicans. I think only ~8% of African-Americans are, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Republican female/minority candidates - TheLeonardLeap - 11-19-2018, 08:16 PM