Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maher makes fun of Bpat, I mean comic book fans
(11-20-2018, 05:27 PM)samhain Wrote: I have no problem with that argument whatsoever.

Also agree about tattoos.  When I was a kid, they were things that old ex-military dudes had (like my dad and grandpa).  Now they're just random pictures on whoever pays for them.  

Yeah, same when I was a kid. I only ever saw them on ex-military or carnies, or ex cons. Even then they were usually simple--anchors, hearts with a woman's name on them.  Never saw a "sleeve" at all. Unthinkable. You'd NEVER get a job beyond menial.

But now people get tattoos to express themselves, identify with products, tie themselves to an issue, create personal "uniqueness." I don't want to make too much of this because there are still many reasons why people get tattoos, some perfectly innocent, some a drunken mistake (see hangover II), some fitting into a subculture, some just a whimsical butterfly on an ankle.  But many are definitely about publicly projecting a personal identity.

[Image: 2861580600000578-3070446-image-a-6_1430927311937.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maher makes fun of Bpat, I mean comic book fans - Dill - 11-20-2018, 06:15 PM