Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ML: Tate was on the practice squad for a reason
(11-22-2018, 10:11 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I thought Tate made a great catch - snatching the ball outta the air like that, with the defender in tight coverage. It kinda looked like the exact same route that CC ran on the 4th down play.

Sometimes, a gem can be found on the practice squad. Maybe Auden isn’t, but he made the catch on the same play.

Speaking of unknowns; I wonder why they haven’t used J Franks more than they have?

It was a great catch.  But Marvin pointed out the problem, the route was wrong.  It was supposed to be a deeper route.  If the route was deeper, the catch doesn't need to be as spectacular as the ball is lower, and it results in a first down.

We saw it with Ross, and we are seeing it with Tate, run the route wrong and you don't get the snaps.  Nor should you, as the QB is going to throw the ball to where the receiver SHOULD be.  If you aren't there, it can be an easy turnover, so you are hurting the team.

No one wants to see guys drop balls, but until you can trust a guy is going to be in the correct position, you can't play him.  Even Tate stated he understands exactly what he needs to do better to get on the field and intends to work hard at it.

As to Jordan Franks, I think his role is expanding little by little as he learns the offense.  I think he still has limited knowledge of the playbook, but as he is learning more he is involved more.  With limited knowledge, though, he can only be a situational substitution.  Otherwise you can't go hurry up or audible at the line.  So far he looks like he can be a contributor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ML: Tate was on the practice squad for a reason - jfkbengals - 11-22-2018, 12:37 PM