Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon takes a shot at the conservative play calling
(11-23-2018, 03:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: People could read into it as much as they want.

It was taken out of a conversation, not like he tweeted it, and didn't even allude to coaching.

I read the entire conversation earlier today.....he was calling out players.  He may have been hinting at coaching a little, but it was definitely player related.  That said, I still like it.  Mixon has given great effort when his number has been called, and even went back into the first Baltimore game to put it on ice when he actually needed surgery.

Quote:Running back Joe Mixon hasn’t been called on much lately with 23 carries in the last two games without A.J. Green in the lineup. But he’s keeping the faith. Along with a message to his mates. He thinks in the past few weeks a sense of playing not to lose has seeped into the games.

“We all know A.J. is a great player but somebody has to be willing to do that role. I’m sure we have guys like that,” Mixon said. “I have confidence in everyone in this building … I’m ready to do whatever with whomever. We’re going to be fine. We just have to go out there to win. Stop playing not to lose. We have to go out there to win.”

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon takes a shot at the conservative play calling - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-23-2018, 04:41 PM