Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laura Loomer banned from Twitter after criticizing Ilhan Omar
(11-26-2018, 06:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Agreed and agreed.  I'm at work so I'm not going to search for it, but there's an interesting thread elsewhere in which they took tweets that generalized or attacked people, in this case men and Caucasians, and reported them.  None of the tweets were taken down or the owner banned or suspended.  They then posted the exact same tweets under different names but replaced men with women and replaced "white" with other ethnicities.  In every instance that tweet was deleted or the account suspended or banned.

So, yes, they are completely free to moderate their platform as they see fit, but I don't think they have even a thin veneer of equal application of said moderation.

There is a big difference between calling a white guy a monkey and doing the same to a black person.

I'd like to see the actual study, but it sounds a lot like some Tucker Carlson "White guys are the real victims" type BS.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Laura Loomer banned from Twitter after criticizing Ilhan Omar - fredtoast - 11-26-2018, 06:15 PM