Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laura Loomer banned from Twitter after criticizing Ilhan Omar
(11-26-2018, 06:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Agreed and agreed.  I'm at work so I'm not going to search for it, but there's an interesting thread elsewhere in which they took tweets that generalized or attacked people, in this case men and Caucasians, and reported them.  None of the tweets were taken down or the owner banned or suspended.  They then posted the exact same tweets under different names but replaced men with women and replaced "white" with other ethnicities.  In every instance that tweet was deleted or the account suspended or banned.

So, yes, they are completely free to moderate their platform as they see fit, but I don't think they have even a thin veneer of equal application of said moderation.

Yeah. It really is going to end up becoming a situation where Twitter is for more liberal folks and Gab is for more conservative rather than it being filled with more extremist viewpoints. Gab doesn't get the attention because it isn't as large, but they do a similar thing to folks with more liberal postings from what I have seen. It's just reinforcing tribalist attitudes.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Laura Loomer banned from Twitter after criticizing Ilhan Omar - Belsnickel - 11-26-2018, 06:17 PM