Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike & Marvin will give 2018 a MULLIGAN - See 2019 as year 2 of a 2 year PLAN

MULLIGAN - an extra stroke (in golf) allowed after a poor shot, not counted on the scorecard.

I will believe Marvin is not returning as Head Coach in 2019 when I sees it.

He signed a TWO year extension through 2019 and if a decade and a half plus of Fan outcry has not Peer Pressured him into stepping down as Head Coach; I doubt this bad 2018 season will.

I think Marvin will take another shot at Offseason improvements, maybe more Staff changes and another Draft class to re-boot yet again for another season in 2019. Year two of the two year extension. The two year extension era.

Maybe Hue as Offensive Coordinator & then hand pick another Defensive Coordinator. Keep the O-line rebuild going with say another high draft choice to add to Price & Glenn from last offseason.

Counting on players injured in 2018 to be healthy in 2019, add in these Offseason improvements and changes; then get right back on the bicycle again for another ride & bite at the apple.

Marvin is just 60 years old, so why quit now. Especially if a healthy & upgraded 2019 team could improve his reputation by winning.

I won't waste too many of my emotions on who the New 2019 Head Coach will be, though speculating can be fun.

My money (so to speak) is on the MULLIGAN asterisk being placed on the 2019 season by both Mike & Marvin leading to Marvin entering year two of his two year extension as Head Coach in 2019.

Marvin seems immune and inoculated from having fan criticism or calls for his departure override his desire to stay.

So Buckle up for year TWO of the two year PLAN in 2019.  IMO  Mellow
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Mike & Marvin will give 2018 a MULLIGAN - See 2019 as year 2 of a 2 year PLAN - depthchart - 11-27-2018, 02:57 PM