Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike & Marvin will give 2018 a MULLIGAN - See 2019 as year 2 of a 2 year PLAN
I'm not so sure. If things are truly as bad as they've looked over the last 3 weeks, it's going to be really hard to excuse keeping Marvin, stubborn or not. This team isn't just losing games, They're getting flat out embarrassed and punked in their own house.

Now, I could see Hue installed as HC, which is just as bad given reports out of Cleveland that he lacked the ability or desire to discipline his players. That wouldn't help from a fan buy-in perspective, but it's enough change that the FO could see it as enough in their own odd way.

If they do what they did last year and win a game or two, maybe even vs Pittsburgh when they come into week 17 and rest their key starters, then I could see Mike and co giving Marvin another year.

I just don't see 5 more games like this happening (which it a real possibility at this point) without serious consideration toward parting ways with the staff. It is irreparably broken at that point and hands will be as close to forced as they get in this town.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike & Marvin will give 2018 a MULLIGAN - See 2019 as year 2 of a 2 year PLAN - samhain - 11-27-2018, 04:46 PM