Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US does have 'Obama judges': Trump responds to Supreme Court Justice John Roberts'
(11-27-2018, 12:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I haven't researched this, but iirc Kavanaugh absolutely was on the list.

He wasn't on the list the FS gave to the WH for SCOTUS appointments, then the WH had it added.

(11-27-2018, 12:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I really don't like speculation being stated as fact.  You have zero proof that this is why he was chosen, you have assumptions and inferences only.  Neither should be stated as definitive proof of anything.  As for wait and see, I agree.

Kavanaugh was not on the list from the FS and Senate Republicans. He wasn't ideal from the FS viewpoint, not sure why. From the Senate Republicans viewpoint he was politically difficult because of baggage. So why was he added to the list by the White House? You're right, it is speculation, but Kavanaugh's position on executive power is the variable that makes him different from those on the FS list and would make him worth the political fallout from the hearings int he eyes of the White House.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: US does have 'Obama judges': Trump responds to Supreme Court Justice John Roberts' - Belsnickel - 11-27-2018, 04:58 PM