Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPN anyone?
I tend to use a lot of sites that want to sell a subscription such as the NYTimes for example,  Cincinnati's Enquirer another where you get x number of free articles then you get the pay wall.. VPNs are a nice work around as opposed to subscibing to every news source I like reading. $2.99 a month is a lot less expensive than individual subscriptions to several news sources . The VPN alone doesn't stop it, but use encrypted browsers that don't let the sites track users and voila! The Ghostery browser seems to work well, but there are other reasons I use a VPN. I'm not very good at explaining these things and too lazy to copy and paste other people's explainations, but I do understand them kind of like I understand the entire process of painting cars and trucks, but don't ask me to explain the whole process ..or writing and setting up web sites and servers.. I can do it, but I'd be damned if I could explain how I do it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
VPN anyone? - grampahol - 11-23-2018, 12:49 AM
RE: VPN anyone? - grampahol - 11-24-2018, 02:00 AM
RE: VPN anyone? - Au165 - 11-26-2018, 10:17 PM
RE: VPN anyone? - grampahol - 11-27-2018, 07:44 PM