Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Were the injuries too much to overcome this year?
(11-27-2018, 08:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: McCarthy > Marvin and I doubt anyone would dispute that. Not having an owner > having a terrible owner.

Mixon (missed 2 games, but we had a healthy Gio in that time)
Gio (missed 4 games, but we had a healthy Mixon in that time)
Eifert (big loss, but no bigger than Finley...and we had to know it was coming)
Kroft (TE losses have been a problem, for sure)
Vigil 
Glasgow
Actually I could argue Marvin over McCarthy because McCarthy is ruining the career or one of the best QBs in football...
Why do I say this because he has a super bowl win? McCarthy has Aaron Rodgers but refuses to put in a good offensive system. The Packers are extremely generic with their offense instead depending on Rodgers to be spectacular every snap. They don't do things like the Patriots, Rams, Chiefs, Saints who use their system to get guys in space.

As for the Bengals injuries the RB injuries hurt because they had no one to spell the other guy. And Glasgow was the 1 of 3 DT to start the season when he went down they were forces to use a rookie DE inside where he wasn't suited. The TEs dropped one right after another never giving them a solid game with 2 tight ends mid season having to bring in a new one each week.

So of course injuries have played a part. Is it the only reason they are losing no but it's a huge one.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Were the injuries too much to overcome this year? - Synric - 11-27-2018, 09:12 PM