Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are good bullpen names in Free Agent List
The thing about baseball and sports in general really is its tough to predict how any player will perform a year down the road much less the next game..
There have been many players who underperformed for years then the light switch goes on and VIOLA! They have a great season and quite the opposite happens a lot..Player destined to the HOF just falls off the edge of the earth and never regains their former selves..
Most guys who make it to the major league level already have the potential to be really good and most fail for any number of unforeseen reasons, injury, mental makeup, piss poor management, etc. 
Even Homer Bailey could probably thrive and be a great pitcher at a different level in baseball, A ball for example, but at the major league level he's toast. Hell, there's even a remote possibly he could throw back to back no hitters again and then fall right back off the face of the earth all over again.. (By the way  in no way am I predicting even one more no hitter out of Homer much less two..), but it's not beyond the realm of possibility .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: There are good bullpen names in Free Agent List - grampahol - 11-28-2018, 02:32 PM