Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's new Sec. of Labor has some baggage...
(11-29-2018, 09:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: As your  "buddy" says:  "insults and slurs aside...."

You don't get to say YOU know what my premise was as you, thankfully, are not me (I know you'll agree with me on that.  Cool)

Well then, why don't you do us all a favor and make your premise clear when you start a thread?  It would help us avoid such unpleasantness.

Quote:It is about someone who was overrun by people with power and let them do whatever they want at the expense of innocent victims.  Not the kind of person anyone should want working in government.

Wait, so the thread is now about Trump and not Acosta?

Quote:I'd assume, given your obvious high moral standards for all things legal and criminal, you would have agreed with that too.  That you don't, or that you (wrongly) insist on trying to spin what *I* said to defend Acosta makes me think you have an alternative reason for that other than your superior knowledge of all things law enforcement.

I simply know how these kind of things work.  As I said, I've worked high profile cases before.  I've worked a case that got national news attention.  I haven't worked on anything nearly as big as a scandal that involves a former POTUS.  In high profile cases you're going to get a lot of interest from higher ups, for obvious reasons.  Hence, I felt compelled to edify those reading your thread, the premise of it being clear or not, as to why Acosta wasn't even remotely the sole arbiter of the deal you so bemoan.  Nor was any deal he struck not approved at the highest levels of the US attorney's office.  I appreciate the opportunity to further clarify why your apparent initial outrage was so misplaced.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump's new Sec. of Labor has some baggage... - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-29-2018, 12:03 PM