Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Football Focus dive: Cleveland Browns Mayfield's rise, Cincinnati Bengals Glenn's
(11-29-2018, 04:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With Price also not playing well so far, do people wish the Bengals never traded back from 12 to go to 21 + Glenn? I do think it's unfair to fully determine that so soon (maybe in another 1-2 years) but I'm sure some are thinking it.
I don't really know who I would have chosen at 12 though. Maybe Tremaine Edmunds but he hasn't been doing well for the Bills even though it was pretty known he would need a season or two of development. It's easy to say Derwin James but the Bengals wouldn't have taken Bates if they had James. Bates has played rather well, so I think I'd still have preferred Bates in 2 rather than James in 1.

I don't think that it's fair to judge the rookie just yet.  The entire point of naming him the starter from day one, was to develop consistency.  With the injury early in the year, and missing 6 weeks as a result, you might say that development had to start over again.  I'm not making excuses, because he's been far from stellar.  I just want to remind everyone that DeCastro also looked rather shaky his rookie season, and look how he turned out.

As for Cordy Glenn?  I think you cut your losses with him, at the end of the season.  He's not a franchise LT, and now is looking barely average.  With the team now looking to draft in or near the top 10, you almost have to start thinking LT with the 1st round pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pro Football Focus dive: Cleveland Browns Mayfield's rise, Cincinnati Bengals Glenn's - SunsetBengal - 11-29-2018, 05:05 PM