Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway?
(11-29-2018, 05:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think it is an effective training tool. It produces negative effects that are short lived, so it provides a realistic simulation for gas training. You obviously don't wanted mustard gas or something else that has a higher degree of lethality, but you want some effect. If you just throw in a smoke grenade then there isn't as much of a sense of urgency to the drill.

I think it is useful for crowd dispersal. Particularly in certain situations. But it isn't the only thing that can do that. There is a toolbox of resources available to peace officers. I'm not sure that it was the best thing in this situation.

Moreover, I'm not fond of our border starting to resemble the borders between Israel and the Palestinian territories: walls, teargas, rock throwing, police shooting unarmed people, etc. If people from South of the border where coming into the U.S. and bombing buses in order to try to regain what they consider to be their homeland, that would be one thing. That hasn't happened here. Ever. Here, we panic because grandma reported seeing a "large family of them Mexicans" at the grocery.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - Bengalzona - 11-29-2018, 06:05 PM