Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Football Focus dive: Cleveland Browns Mayfield's rise, Cincinnati Bengals Glenn's
(11-29-2018, 05:12 PM)3wt Wrote: This.

And regarding Glenn I think we have to keep him.  Just too many holes on the O Line.   I'm hoping like anything he's had a nagging injury all season affecting his performance.

Plus the class of the upcoming draft is on the other side of the ball.  That's where I want to focus.

Do we really HAVE to keep him?  I mean, not only is he not performing well, he's bothered by nagging injuries, and now a back issue. (those never completely go away)  Personally, I just feel like the team would be better served to simply keep their options open for better talent.  Every year there are a crop of free agents that hit the market, some of them have peaked in their performance, others are just simply victims of the numbers game.  The Bengals always try to do the "economical" route, but it really doesn't work out.  Heck, for what they've spent on Glenn, and keeping those two draft busts around for their entire contracts, they could have just re-signed Whitworth and Smith, and drafted another pair of Tackles to develop.  If the Bengals Management ever decided that they wanted to be a major player, rather than a bottom feeder, an actual GM would go far in making that happen..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pro Football Focus dive: Cleveland Browns Mayfield's rise, Cincinnati Bengals Glenn's - SunsetBengal - 11-29-2018, 07:32 PM