Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Were the injuries too much to overcome this year?
(11-30-2018, 02:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Le sigh....

1. Fisher blows. Losing him hardly qualifies as a "loss". Plus this team is already down the tubes, so any future injuries are moot, and only relevant for excuse purposes.

2. We were 1-2 in Green's last 3 games. The defense was (and is still) on pace to shatter all-time records (bad ones). If you think losing AJ Green is why this team has lost it's last 3 games, I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe look at the scores and refresh your memory?

3. I am an intelligent guy...intelligent enough to see this team has a plethora of problems outside of injuries, and intelligent enough to see that the 5-3 record was smoke and mirrors. 4 game winning drives by Dalton. Winning by the skin of our teeth, despite a historically bad defense and an offense that was hit and miss. Then we lost to the Steelers per usual and began falling apart at the seams. 

---------------

Look...tell yourself what you have to in order to get through the day. Change your name to Geoff Hobson for all I care...but when I look back at 2018, I'll remember the historically bad defense, an o-line that still looked shaky at best, and an unimaginative Lazor offense before I'll remember the injuries. They did happen and they didn't help...but the season was already unraveling before the worst injuries.

21-28 L to Steelers happened with a healthy Dalton, Green, Mixon, etc
10-45 L to Chiefs happened with those guys all healthy
We barely scraped out a win over a bad Bucs team with those guys healthy, and that's our last W

What we've seen since is just a continuation of that. The injuries to Green, Dalton and whoever else since are just a nice little convenient excuse.

I disagree.

You used a comparison that is unfair, to make a point that a Team has won a SB, with the same degree of injuries.

When I pointed out that their entire offense was virtually intact - you state that the Bengals were not good, even before injuries.

When I point out that in fact, we were winning before AJ got injured, and had the same record as your comparator, despite the plethora of other injuries - you divert the discussion to what I view as a nonsensical direction.

So, we disagree.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Were the injuries too much to overcome this year? - XsandOs - 11-30-2018, 10:21 AM