Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Hue could be the new head coach by next year
I read an interesting article on the Hue/Haley dynamic this morning.  It seems that it was Haley who wanted to run a conservative offense, while Jackson wanted to adapt the offense to the strengths of Baker Mayfield.  I found this quote quite the eye opener:

Quote:CBS announcer Ian Eagle joined “The Rich Eisen Show” for an interview on Wednesday and talked about a meeting he and his broadcasting partner Dan Fouts had with Jackson the week of the Steelers/Browns game they called. According to Eagle, Fouts asked Jackson why the Browns weren’t running an offense more similar to what Mayfield used in college at Oklahoma. Oddly, Jackson said “Yeah, great question. I agree.”

I'm assuming this is what led to the riff between the two of them.....and in typical Browns "no one is safe from the tires of the bus" fashion, it appears that Freddie Kitchens is taking credit for what was Jackson's idea all along.  Damn, talk about dysfunction!  I guess the moral of the story is.....as HC, Hue should have just fired Haley and did his thing.  Although, it probably wouldn't have sat well with Dorsey.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/hue-jackson-answer-baker-mayfield-usage/474734

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Hue could be the new head coach by next year - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-30-2018, 10:54 AM