Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Myth of Having to Go Into a Season With Cap Space
(11-30-2018, 10:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: As has been brought up in other threads, keeping Whitworth likely was cheaper than having to pay Ced and Glenn. Plus, Whitworth is way more productive than that duo.

(11-30-2018, 10:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...and they lowballed Whitworth who was the team leader. And ultimately paid more without equal production.

Whitworth stated publicly that the biggest reason he left Cincy is because he wanted a change. You can't blame the FO for a player not wanting to be here anymore.

Quote:"At one point it was just purely loyalty, all you know is Cincinnati and you just need to go back there because that’s all you know," Whitworth said. "I started to really open my eyes to man, what a challenge, and a new place, that would be something that invigorates me and makes me want to push even harder and do even more, find some other part of me that I don’t know exists that I can challenge myself to become. And that’s what really intrigued me about the move.

"And then when I realized I was open to moving, and moving on to a new challenge, I really wanted to be away from Cincinnati’s situation. I wasn’t as keen on going somewhere where’d I play Cincinnati and be around it. I wanted to go far away and kind of have a fresh start."
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Myth of Having to Go Into a Season With Cap Space - Synric - 11-30-2018, 10:59 AM