Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Hue could be the new head coach by next year
(11-30-2018, 10:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: I read an interesting article on the Hue/Haley dynamic this morning.  It seems that it was Haley who wanted to run a conservative offense, while Jackson wanted to adapt the offense to the strengths of Baker Mayfield.  I found this quote quite the eye opener:

I'm assuming this is what led to the riff between the two of them.....and in typical Browns "no one is safe from the tires of the bus" fashion, it appears that Freddie Kitchens is taking credit for what was Jackson's idea all along.  Damn, talk about dysfunction!  I guess the moral of the story is.....as HC, Hue should have just fired Haley and did his thing.  Although, it probably wouldn't have sat well with Dorsey.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/hue-jackson-answer-baker-mayfield-usage/474734

From an article by Mike Rosenberg of Sports Illustrated:

Picture, for a moment, the press conference where the Bengals announce that Lewis is stepping down … and they are replacing him with Jackson. I can see the poor intern handing out the press release now:

BENGALS HIRE HUE JACKSON AS HEAD COACH

Season-ticket refund deadline has passed

Then Jackson would promise that if the Bengals don’t win a playoff game, he will jump in the lake, and some reporter would say, “Hue, do you realize we’re not even on a lake?” And then Jackson would burn his first timeout.

I don’t know how we would celebrate this. Maybe we could hold a parade in downtown Cincinnati: everybody walks backward into a parking meter, then blames Todd Haley.

When I read this, it made me laugh...but it was a cynical laugh because I know it's a real possibility. I don't know how much Haley is to blame. He did have issues with another QB in Pittsburgh. The bottom line is that Hue was the head coach and it's his responsibility to make changes or find solutions if things aren't working. 

I've said it a few times before...I just don't like Hue. IMO, he's an egotistical blowhard who's always been about himself. Whatever
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Hue could be the new head coach by next year - Bengalholic - 11-30-2018, 12:35 PM