Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data
(05-25-2015, 06:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My response is to the silly notion that if Homosexuality is considered to be a mental illness, then we must include everything that has been considered deviant behavior as a mental illness. Hence, changing the definition.

I will ask you the question. To you consider being a homosexual and being a member of the KKK to be the same thing?

I wonder what folks would think if I said they were the same?

Well the two of you were discussing how the category of mental illness changed to no longer include all deviant behaviors as they did not fit the definition of mental illness. You then repeatedly referred to this as "changing the defiition", though reclassifying or clarifying would probably be a more accurate word to use.

You then said "Unless the definition changes " when Matt said "However [the reclassification of mental illnesses to include homosexuality] has not been the case because even if this is a "brain abnormality" as you put it earlier, it is still only deviant behavior and not an illness or a disorder and so will not be seen as such."

Going off the words you used and the context of the conversation, everyone else seemed to believe you were saying "unless the definition of mental illnesses changes to include deviant behavior". That's the only rational thing considering Matt's post that you were responding to.

I would advise you to either be less vague or use the correct words when you speak (or type) considering the fact that everyone else read this the way Matt did and not how you say you intended it to be read.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data - BmorePat87 - 05-25-2015, 06:29 PM