Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This roster lacks true playmakers on defense.I
(12-03-2018, 12:36 AM)impactplaya Wrote: there was a time ago.when Atkins would knife between the C and G and just stop.a RB in his tracks for a 2 yd loss. 
or Geno.walk a linemen back into.the pocket.
Carlos is on pace to.yet finish with less than 10 sacks.
in a 43 defense your DT and DE have to be absolute terrors upfront so the QB cant get comfy and he has to checkdown to a 3rd or 4th read. 
Carlos and Geno simply arent doing enough.
we need dominant players like Mack and Donald on this defense.
if you are ok with average defensive output
thats up to.you.
both have disapeared since that Steelers meltdown 

I'm not "ok" with average defensive output, I just think you are targeting the wrong individuals. Critique the players who are doing poor first.
MJ, Willis, and Hubbard all could also be getting (a lot ) more pressure but aren't.
The LBs can (and should) be factoring a lot into the run stuffing but aren't. They have practically all been terrible.

Why is it some people expect the good players to go completely above and beyond to compensate for the poor performers? It's each individual's job to play at least solid or better.

Plus, I think you'd see Dunlap and Atkins actually do more if they got to pin their ears back and get after the QB. The defense doesn't get to do that when they're playing from behind most of the game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This roster lacks true playmakers on defense.I - ochocincos - 12-03-2018, 10:47 AM